Visitor Visa

The UK visitor visa also known as the Standard Visitor Visa allows you to stay in UK for a period of upto 6 months. This visa is established for those who wish to travel to the United Kingdom for the purposes mentioned below;

  • Tourism, eg., on a holiday or to see your family and friends
  • Certain business activities, eg., attending a meeting, trade fairs, conferences and / or seminars, purchase of items, negotiate contracts, etc. Employment is not permitted under any Visitor visa.
  • Short course of study
  • Take part in research or an academic exchange programme
  • Medical reasons, for example to receive private medical treatment

There are possibilities to stay for longer if you are:

  • Coming to the UK for private medical treatment – up to 11 months.
  • An academic and meet the eligibility requirements. – you, your spouse/partner and your children may be able to stay for up to 12 months.

You can apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years if you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period. And can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit in a year.

For more information and assistance please contact us.

Marriage Visitor

You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if you want to;

  • Get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
  • Give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
  • Stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership. You can apply for a Fiance(e) visa to enter the UK to marry your British/Settled UK partner and settle in the UK.

As a Marriage Visitor you can marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival. But you must use a venue licensed for this purpose.

You are not allowed to do the following:

  • Get public funds
  • Bring your dependants with you. Dependant must apply separately for a visit visa.
  • Live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visits
  • Extend your visa or switch to another visa
  • Employment
  • Study

For more information and assistance please contact us.