The UK visitor visa is known as the Standard Visitor Visa allows you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. This visa is established for those that wish to travel to the United Kingdom for the following purposes:
- for tourism, for example on a holiday or to see your family and friends
- for certain business activities, for example attending a meeting, trade fairs, conferences and seminars Buy things, and negotiate contracts, etc. Employment is not permitted under any visit visas.
- to do a short course of study
- to take part in research or an exchange programme as an academic
- for medical reasons, for example to receive private medical treatment