Sponsor Licence Application

At Softlink, we have been successfully processing Sponsor Licence applications since November 2008, when the Points Based System was first introduced in UK and we are committed to offering a quality service at a reasonable fixed price. Through years of experience, and an inherent commitment to customer service, we ensure that each and every application is handled with utmost care and professionalism. Through our focused approach we provide businesses a complete managed solution, from the starting until the licence application is decided by the Home Office. One of our experts can take over the role of key contact and level 1 user, ensuring you are always compliant with immigration rules and that your Sponsor Management System (SMS) is up to date.

The licence you need depends on whether the workers you want to fill your jobs are Employees with long-term job offers or Temporary Workers or both.

You should apply for a sponsor licence if you have the need to employ a worker who is not a British or Irish citizen, or a person who has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK or a person with rights under a withdrawal agreement. You must apply for a sponsor licence if wish to sponsor workers in the following routes:

  • Skilled Worker
  • Intra-Company Worker
  • Minister of Religion or Religious Worker
  • Sportsperson or Sporting Worker
  • Charity Worker
  • Creative Worker
  • Government Authorised Exchange Worker
  • International Agreement Worker
  • Seasonal Worker

To apply for a Sponsor Licence your organisation must provide proof of the following:

  • Your company is legally operating business in the UK
  • You have the process in place to manage all sponsorship duties
  • Your business is offering suitable and approved employments to migrants which are genuine and meet minimum salary guidelines

Under this Sponsor Management Scheme, you must nominate an Authorising Officer, a Key Contact & Level 1 User. The Authorising Officer has to be a responsible senior officer such as a Director or a Senior Officer who resides in the UK.  Authorising Officer can also perform the roles of a Key Contact and or Level 1 User.  External agencies such as Immigration Consultants like ourselves or a Solicitor who act as Representatives of employers can also be nominated as Key Contract and Level 1 User. While the Authorising Officer holds the overall responsibility, Level 1 User will use the Online System on a day to day basis issuing Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS – formerly known as work permits) to your employees, updating records, etc.  Key Contact will be the main contact with the Home Office.  Key Contact will be called upon if there are any queries with the application form, the documents submitted, or the payment of application fees.  You and your staff will be checked to make sure you’re suitable for these roles.

How long it takes to get a decision?

80% of the applications are dealt with in less than 8 weeks. UKVI may need to visit your business before giving a decision. You may be able to pay £500 to get a decision within 10 working days. You’ll be told if you can after you apply

If you are given a licence, you are then added to the register of sponsors and you can sponsor migrants. A licence is valid for four years. At the end of the four-year period, you must renew the licence. Sponsor’s Licence can be suspended or withdrawn if there is a serious breach of its duties that poses a threat to immigration control.

We offer our services to take care of:

  • Vetting your HR / Recruitment Policies documents.
  • Preparing a management process manual ensure immigration law compliance.
  • Preparation of your application.
  • Advising you on Compliance and Keeping Records until your application is decided.
  • Representing and coordinating with the Home Office after submission of your application and providing necessary support until your application is decided.
  • Perform the roles of Key Contact and Level 1 User with no additional charges.
  • We also offer a training on sponsor licence process, record keeping and sponsor duties.

For more information and assistance please contact us.