If you want to understand how to become a British Citizen or have questions regarding your eligibility to make an application, please get it touch with us. You can apply for British citizenship in the following categories:
- Apply for citizenship by ‘Naturalisation’ if you have moved to the UK.
- By Registration for children under 18 years of age.
- You’re married to or in a civil partnership with a British citizen. You have ‘settled status’ under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- You are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode.
- Other ways: You have a British parent, hold another type of British Nationality, Stateless or you have previously renounced citizenship.
To be able to make a British citizenship application, you first must have indefinite leave to remain. If you are a foreign national who has been living in the UK for at least five years, then you may first of all want to apply for permission to settle permanently.
People who are not married to British citizens: As a Skilled Worker, Investor, Global Talent visa holders or permit free employees, who have lived in the UK for 5 years and physically present in the UK can apply for British citizenship.